The American Society of Plastic Surgeons quoted the national average for Velasmooth is approximately $1,687, or $1,200 - $1,500 for a package of eight to 10 sessions, depending on the area(s) to be treated.
If you are interested in having a Velasmooth procedure but want to find out more about the costs and Velasmooth financing options available before you make your decision, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Am I a candidate for Velasmooth?
Suitable candidates for Velasmooth cellulite reduction treatment are healthy individuals and include:
- Patients who want to improve the appearance of cellulite and reduce girth in the thighs, hips, buttocks, abdomen or upper arms
- People who want to contour and smooth out unwanted bumps, bulges and localized fatty areas
- People who have realistic expectations for the outcome of their Velasmooth treatment
Unsuitable candidates for Velasmooth cellulite reduction treatment include:
- Patients with type I or II diabetes
- Patients with a BMI (body mass index) of over 30%
- Patients taking photosensitizing drugs
- Patients with anticoagulative conditions
- Patients prone to blood clots
- Photosensitive patients
- Pregnant women
- People with pacemakers, heart valves, metal hip joints or dental plates
What is a Velasmooth Procedure?
Velasmooth is a safe; FDA approved non-invasive treatment for the reduction of cellulite and the smoothing of unwanted bumps and bulges. A Velasmooth treatment combines vacuum suction, mechanical rollers, and heating through infrared light and bi-polar radiofrequency (RF) energy.
Cellulite is a common problem for many women, whatever weight they may be. Cellulite has a dimpled, “cottage cheese” appearance, and is caused by an accumulation of fat and toxins that are trapped just beneath the surface of the skin.
Velasmooth is a cosmetic cellulite reduction treatment using a machine with a hand piece that uses vacuum suction and massage from mechanical rollers to stimulate blood circulation in the treated area and reduce cellulite. This combined action increases the oxygen in the cells and massages the hypodermis (the deepest layer of the skin) to drain retained fluids through the body’s lymphatic system. The heat from the infrared laser and the bi-polar RF energy is directed under the skin and this releases energy stored in the fat calls, which results in the shrinkage of the cell, reducing the volume and the outward dimpled appearance of cellulite. The dimpled appearance of cellulite appears reduced after a few Velasmooth treatment sessions, the skin appears smoother and the treated area is gradually reshaped and firmed.
Thighs, buttocks, calves, arms and the abdomen can all benefit from Velasmooth cellulite reduction treatment. Velasmooth is suitable for all skin types and skin colors.
The Velasmooth procedure reduces the appearance of cellulite and circumference inches on thighs, buttocks, arms, love handles and the abdomen. Another effect of the Velasmooth procedure is improved circulation and relief from muscular aches and pains.
Up to sixteen Velasmooth treatment sessions of between 45 and 60 minutes each are recommended initially, performed twice a week.
The number of Velasmooth treatments required before individuals see results varies – some may not need the full sixteen Velasmooth sessions to see improvements. Maintenance Velasmooth treatments are then usually performed once a month to achieve optimum results.
Some patients report that the Velasmooth cellulite reduction treatment feels like a warm deep tissue massage. No anesthesia is required. The treated area may appear flushed or pink from the heat for a short while, and may feel warm for several hours after treatment. Most Velasmooth treatment patients can resume normal activities immediately.
Velasmooth Procedure Steps
Step 1 - Preparation
Step 2 – The Velasmooth procedure
- The area to be treated with Velasmooth is cleansed
Step 3 – The results
- A small or large hand piece (depending on the size of the treatment area) is passed over the skin of the treatment site. The mechanical rollers and vacuum suction "pull up" the skin so there is gentle stretching of the skin surface as the applicator is passed over the area. A cooling spray is applied to the treatment area to protect your skin. The Velasmooth practitioner will adjust the energy of the Velasmooth machine for your comfort.
- You may notice some tightening in the treated area immediately after your Velasmooth procedure. The treated area may appear flushed or pink for a short while, and may feel warm for several hours after treatment.
Velasmooth Recovery and Healing Steps
The Velasmooth procedure is non-invasive, so there is normally no Velasmooth recovery time.
Any feeling of heat should resolve after a few hours, though the redness may take a few days or weeks to disappear. Some bruising may occur at the Velasmooth treatment site. You may also notice an increase in your urine output, which is due to the broken down cells being absorbed and excreted by the lymphatic system. Make sure that you drink plenty of fluids to help your body to flush out this material.
You may return to your normal activities immediately.
At the present time, there are no known Velasmooth risks.