Laser Skin Tightening Costs*
Laser skin tightening cost depends on the size and location of the area being treated and the type of laser used. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons quoted the national average for Laser Skin Tightening is approximately between $500-$3,500.
If you are considering having a laser skin tightening treatment but want to find out more about the laser skin tightening financing options available before you make your decision, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Am I a candidate for Laser Skin Tightening?
Suitable candidates for the laser skin tightening procedure include men and women between the ages of 30 and 60 who:
- Have lax and sagging skin around the face and neck, or on the body perhaps as a result of aging, pregnancy or weight loss
- Want to improve the appearance of their skin without undergoing invasive cosmetic surgery
- Have realistic expectations for the outcome of their laser skin tightening treatment
Unsuitable candidates for laser skin tightening treatment include:
- Patients prone to herpes breakouts
- Patients who have skin cancers should consult their doctors about additional medical considerations
- Pregnant women
- Patients prone to keloid scarring
- People using acne medications
- People with extreme skin laxity
- People with a recent suntan, or sunburn
What is a Laser Skin Tightening Procedure?
Laser skin tightening is a non-invasive, non-surgical process that uses an infrared laser to tighten skin by heating the collagen under the skin’s surface, which causes the skin to contract and also stimulates the production of new collagen. This reduces the appearance of wrinkles and loose skin for a more youthful appearance.
Laser skin tightening rejuvenates the skin by heating the deeper layers of collagen under the skin, while simultaneously cooling the skin’s outer layers, using a hand held laser device. The effect of laser skin tightening is noticeable immediately after the treatment, with additional tightening occurring over the following months as more new collagen is produced to support the facial tissues and create a younger, smoother facial appearance. Laser skin tightening patients may need two or three treatments approximately 30 days apart to achieve optimum results. The procedure takes around 30 minutes to one hour.
Laser skin tightening is a viable alternative for people who are not ready for or who do not need invasive cosmetic surgery. Laser skin tightening has none of the expense, risk, and downtime associated with surgical cosmetic facial procedures.
Laser skin tightening treatment is a virtually pain-free procedure that can tighten and smooth the skin on any area of the face or body that may have lax or sagging skin, including the forehead, crow’s feet, double chins, the neck, the abdomen, and the knees. The laser skin tightening procedure stimulates long term collagen growth because the infrared technology is able to penetrate deply under the dermis, allowing a greater degree of skin tightening.
Laser Skin Tightening Procedure Steps
The following is an overview of the laser skin tightening procedure, though individual practice may vary:
Step 1 - Preparation
Step 2 - The procedure
- Although the laser skin tightening procedure is normally painless, some patients may be given light pain medication and a topical anesthetic cream may also be applied to the area to be treated one hour before the laser skin tightening treatment.
Step 3 - The results
- The laser skin tightening practitioner will use a special hand-piece to pass an infrared laser in pulses over the skin, which heats the dermis below the skin’s surface and causes tightening of the collagen and elastin fibers of the skin. You will feel a brief warming sensation on the treated area with each pulse of the laser.
- During the laser tightening procedure for skin, the skin's surface is protected through continuous cooling with the hand piece.
- Immediately following the laser skin tightening procedure, there may be some swelling and redness on the treated areas. Results will be immediately noticeable, and will continue to improve over the next few months as the collagen growth is further stimulated.
Laser Skin Tightening Recovery and Healing Steps
Immediately following the laser skin tightening treatment, you may notice some redness and mild swelling in the treated area. These conditions should resolve within a few hours to a couple of days.
There is little or no laser skin tightening recovery time, and patients should be able to return to work and their normal activities immediately.
Laser Skin Tightening Risks
One of the benefits of laser skin tightening is that there are relatively few laser skin tightening treatment risks compared to other, invasive cosmetic procedures.
However, possible laser skin tightening risks include:
- Hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin)
- Hypopigmentation (lightening of the skin